Monday, July 26, 2010

Lab 6b Molecular Biology

In the desert asking the way # 2

After the second overnight in the desert, we want something more. So in the last little oasis "MESR" in front of some 300kmІ Nothing (No roads, no settlements, no river, no water) down. Let's see if you can find a little shortcut to the west through the desert ...
In a road map as "other" road is located, which can mean everything in our experience, including a paved lighted streets to traffic lanes across the steppe river crossings. So by rolling through the town, the strong hot wind whips up wдhrend the sand, throwing against the car. It seems no one interested in for us. Amazingly, we're the conviction that we would be an average attention value, with our bus from Berlin to in this last habitable spots. But nothing. Now go on the desert. And actually be from the road lanes and while the VW bus slowly digging through the sand dries, the last of skin pore completely. I drive reasonably quickly to the limited Passenger bus does not get stuck in the sand trap next to. The speed is the error. Everything not one hundred percent permanently connected to the bus rattles, once out loud when the car touches again, after I had overlooked no mean bump. It is hot, a hair dryer set on heat level three blows with me Sturmstaerke sand in the face, I sit in their own sweat, salt crusts on the forehead, and the sunglasses does the rest for such inattention hervorzurufen.Wir to rotate, as our track runs straight into the sand. The first person we meet on the way back to the site, we ask for directions. While he unloads with his tractor straight (Sand!) in the desert, I get out, see to the west, along with a local acquisitions. He looks at me. I show in the direction of a Duenenfeld disappearing lanes, go approximately west. He nods. "Are." Yes. He says something of MESR, the place from which we came and then gets back on track. We are alone again in de desert. I turn the car around and now, only now I notice that I am at the previous flight tests with the bus and got ripped out the entire Kьhler. He still hangs to individual bolts, however, makes a very poor figure in the wind tunnel. So when I see the water flowing over the bumper, is my nightmare was. With a broken cooler in the desert. Luckily, after ten minutes the cooler re-sealed and the four screws that secure it recovered and secured. I had the screws tightened not always out of convenience to be able to come anytime soon to the motor. Therefore, I was warned in Berlin by the car mechanics of my confidence. "If VW can save ne screw somewhere, then you can be sure to make the se dit och." (@ Marc: Thanks for the tip, I hear it would now take to heart Who does not want to be. . Feel) is
So go, always behind the lanes, about forty kilometers it should be. Always a dune is moved over the road, so you have to resort to their sandy burrows Auslдufer and slowly through the sand. In other places the ground is hard and easy to drive again. For losing the lanes and it goes on to Compass. Always with me the mind: "If now what happened, what then." "Why do we have no sand ladders and shovels, a small plastic shovel here?", "What if the radiator damage has taken?" When I then even begin to doubt whether I would find our way back, we decide reverse. In fact, our track has blown away the sand and we are happy to reach the village. There, again in demand and in fact there is no way where we went, but first you have to the south, where you will find it a wonderfully aufgeschotterte runway and after 35 kilometers of a paved road.
tells us why the tractor driver then that we should go west (in the Sandduenenfeld)? I think he has just told me, when I asked him if the West continues: "Yes, it is possible, but maybe you should rather take the gravel road to the south. But everyone has to earn his own experience. "We did that. Next time we take a GPS or learn Farsi.

0 comments:

Post a Comment