Monday, July 19, 2010

Neck Pain After Auto Accident

Shiraz and Persepolis

In the night we were attacked by crowds no quad and I'm starting so with a long overdue wash the hair under my proven waterproof Ortlieb bag. is already started and on we go to Shiraz. On the way we encounter the first car with a European indicator for Turkey. A VW bus with Prignitzer (!) Mark. In Shiraz are all pretty exhausted and we separate for now. I for one am happy at the bazaar, where it is not quite as warm wander, and to be able to bargain for with the carpet dealers in a good price for the most beautiful kilim the city. He should be a wedding present for my friends Enrique and Charlotte, marry in September. What I'm in that moment, do not worry, the question is, how do I bring him over many boundaries Zentrasiens from countries out of which the carpet export is strictly forbidden, as I drag him over 5000m high snow-covered mountain passes between China, Afghanistan and Tajikistan and how he'll grow on you and I at the end still give away.

I'm rather slow on the dwindling time before the appointed meeting place for ideas. As Shiraz on me does not make a particularly inviting impression, I decide only the citadel of the city to visit. I would have liked to know more about the famous literati of the city, Hafez, Saadi and Omar Khayyam, or visit one of the highly acclaimed gardens of the city. But actually we all do in this heat to get ahead. So we make our way to the great Persepolis.

is when we arrive the sun was slowly, but we are fortunately on the Exhibition Grounds left. The sun goes down is fortunate, because you certainly could not otherwise the heat unbearable. Persepolis makes me an interesting experience, but is not nearly as impressive as I had imagined from the stories. Interesting in any case, the graffiti, the travelers 150 years ago have left at the entrance. Persepolis seems more a confirmation that for many Iranians, Look, we were already thousands of years ago an advanced civilization before the Arabs came before Islam came ... After I have dealt extensively with inscriptions, statues and tombs, I sit down at the entrance and watch the passing Families. Most people make a secular idea. Persepolis seems a bit melancholy recollection of being a past with which one has personally do not much, but for which there is a great yearning. A past in which one could freely play on the street, where artists sell their art may, in the Persian scholar a great reputation in the world and had in Persia was a superpower. While I ponder So before I go there, I am approached by a mother, whether I want to let me take pictures with your daughters. Of course I would! You get to talk to me and offered me already to drive to the hotel. My explanation, I slept in the car gives rise to misunderstandings and distance. is

evening we once again eat skewers. We are in a good mood, to tell the seller of a spit of the violence in the city from Persepolis, of murders and rapes. Easy thoughtfully we go back to the parking lot in front of the world cultural heritage and build a barracks there 5 feet from our tent. After we have everything set up nicely, is a soldier out of the barracks and you know, and rightly, that we should camp please front of the barracks on the asphalt. The reason: There is a feud between the Bazaris and the military. The Bazaris have threatened a switch set by the military. And Now of course you have fear. What would be more unpleasant than a few dead tourists next to the barracks. So we were well in view, should we sleep a meter in front of the barracks to find concrete waste. After tough negotiations, we beat out two additional meters and a wood base on which we fall asleep then more bad than good. Noodledude said because of the heat before spending the night outside.

0 comments:

Post a Comment